Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: civ2 tileset (was: a couple suggestions)

To: Freeciv-dev ML <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: civ2 tileset (was: a couple suggestions)
From: Lino Mastrodomenico <l.mastrodomenico@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 23:59:26 +0200

The Voice Inside Your Head wrote:
> [...]
> Another idea (if it were possible, i'm not sure) would be to supply a
> script with freeciv that could copy and convert the civ2 tileset for use
> with freeciv. This would be useful for us civ2 fanatics who have converted
> to linux. The hires tiles just do not appeal to me.

I have attached a rough script that do this.

You must copy these files:
  cities.gif, icons.gif, terrain1.gif, terrain2.gif, and units.gif
from the original civ2 cdrom to the freeciv "data" directory and run the
script from _this_ directory.
Then simply start the client with "-t civ2gfx".

Warning: it requires gifsicle (<http://www.lcdf.org/gifsicle>), and giftopnm
& ppmtoxpm (usually they are in the libgr-progs or netpbm-progs
package).

bye

--
Lino Mastrodomenico