Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Settler tech patch

To: Jules Bean <jules@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: FreeCiv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Settler tech patch
From: Cameron Morland <cjmorlan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 07:49:58 -0500 (EST)

La 2001-03-16, Jules Bean skribis:

> >     "Your tribe has knowledge of Irrigation, Mining, Roadbuilding,
> > Pottery, and Bronze Working", where the first three never changed, and the
> > others were potential starting bonuses.
>
> I'm fairly sure you didn't necessarily get those three.

I'm sure you always got all three, and I've checked the memory of a few
others, so I have confidence in my own memory. The default message was
"The %s have knowledge of Irrigation, Mining, and Roads." (IIRC) (Too bad
it's not convenient to check; over Xmas I was briefly playing original Civ
on a 486 --- man that was fast.)

This doesn't mean we couldn't make it possible to start without roads, but
it never happened in Sid's Civ.