Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Help with cvs

To: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Help with cvs
From: Gaute B Strokkenes <gs234@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 15 Mar 2001 19:58:22 +0000

On Thu, 15 Mar 2001, thue@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I need a little help with cvs: What is the easiest way to revert to
> the official version after having changed something in your local
> copy.

I'm no CVS expert, but the following procedure works for me:

~/freeciv$ cvs -z3 diff -u > ../my_terrible_mistakes.diff
~/freeciv$ POSIXLY_CORRECT=1 patch -R -p0 < ../my_terrible_mistakes.diff
~/freeciv$ rm ../my_terrible_mistakes.diff

Depending on what version of patch you have, you might be able to use
the --posix option rather than using POSIXLY_CORRECT.  (The Debian
unstable patch takes --posix, the stable one doesn't.)

Incidentally, perhaps it would be a good idea to upgrade the version
of CVS that is used at the Freeciv server?  See:

   http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=49481&repeatmerged=yes

--
Big Gaute                               http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~gs234/
-- I can do ANYTHING ... I can even ... SHOPLIFT!!