Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: i18n, gettext

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: i18n, gettext
From: Andreas Kemnade <akemnade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 17:53:07 +0100 (CET)

Dirk Stoecker writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > > I have worked a bit on the win32 gettext problem. Now I'm not changing
 > > the intl dir.
 > > A patch is attached. Do
 > >
 > > mv amiga/gettext.c common
 > > mv amiga/libintl.h common
 >
 > I do not like your patch much. There are too much #ifdefs, which can
 > easyly be avoided. Please move all the system dependendant stuff into a
 > function (maybe called getsystemlocale()). The #ifdef for this can
 > include all globals and includes also!

Ok, I here is an updated version.

As nobody seems to have ideas to solve the problems I mentioned in my
first mail, there seems to be no proper solution.
  Does that mean that we cannot use the amiga gettext in windows?

An alternative:

I did
make CC="i386-mingw32-gcc -Uopen -Dopen\(x,y\)=\"_open\(\(x\),O_BINARY
\| \(y\)\)\" -Dgetegid\(\)=1 -Dgetuid\(\)=1 -Dgeteuid\(\)=1
-Dgetgid\(\)=1"

A quite horrible line but what about adding that thing to CFLAGS somewhere
(it would be good if only the intl
dir is influenced).

That compiles the intl dir without changes and warnings!
I have not tested yet compiling freeciv completely with it but it
works at least in theory (We have to call get_system_language and set
the env variables accordingly).

Greetings
Andreas Kemnade