Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] new civworld patch

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, mwh@xxxxxxxx
Cc: paulz@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] new civworld patch
From: Mike Kaufman <mkaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 01:32:24 -0600 (CST)

there is a new civworld patch and README in incoming/
(soon to be in contrib/utils/civworld)

It is a work-in-progress, which means, some dialogs don't fully work and
error checking is at a minimum, but I thought I'd let you all play around
with it:

New stuff:
add, edit, and delete players.
add and delete cities and units
shortcut keys
--iso on the command line. (some things don't work quite right.)
rudimentary city editing. (add/remove improvements. city size)
fog-of-war editing

Major flaws:
fogging doesn't work right.
no tech editing
can't homecity a unit.
auto_adjust_workers() doesn't work.

despite this, it's kinda fun playing around:
ever wondered what a city with 2 billion people looked like?
want to know how 1 tank changes things in 4000BC?
etc.

On another note: can anyone tell me why 'map_editor' is a permanent in the
capability string?

--mike