Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: flooded towns (PR#675)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: flooded towns (PR#675)
From: Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 15:33:14 -0800 (PST)

Christian Knoke wrote:

> martinmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >
> > the town of london was a size one ,has two boats from other
> > towns inside ,global warming the next turn made the town unable to
> > keep going ,town was destroyed ,the two boats are now left high and
> > dry on land where the town was, boats are unable to move ,
> > regards martin
> >  Ps I have the save game.
>
> Ok, London has a single adjacent ocean tile. When it dissolves,
> the only move these boats can make is to the ocean, and this
> works for me. So its funny, but I can see no problem.
>
> Hhm, what happens if the same move London dissolves, the
> ocean tile is turned to swamp? ;-) (ok I know "use the source"
> but I still can't read it :-( )

I've played around with it, put some engineers in front of
London, making swamps - et voilŕ:

The submarine is caught in London, not transferred to the
ocean as it should be. This happens if London still exists
and if it dissolves in the same move as well.

I've put the savegames on my homepage, Martin McMahon's here:

http://www.enter.de/~c.knoke/PR675.sav.gz

and my improved one here:

http://www.enter.de/~c.knoke/PR675A.sav.gz

Login as Andy and press return. Or login, buy engineers
in London (make sure city option that city dissolves),
and press return.

Christian

--
* Christian Knoke                           +49 4852 92248 *
* D-25541 Brunsbuettel                  Wurtleutetweute 49 *