Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Sound/Eye-candy

To: Nghia <nho@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Sound/Eye-candy
From: Erik Sigra <sigra@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 11:15:17 +0100

söndagen den 11 februari 2001 06:38 skrev Nghia:
> Hello,
>
> I just recently joined this list. How come sound fx isn't implemented by
> now? I don't see anything hard about this since you can use the
> SDL library which is availiable on lots of platform or a similar
> library.

Have you looked at Xconq's SDL implementation lately? It runs on at least
UNIX and Mac.

> Also btw is anyone working on any eye-candy extra for freeciv? I've been
> mucking around with the "city view" thing like the original civ where
> you see what you built graphically but its in 16 bit color, so that
> might be a problem.

Great! Things like this gives games the certain feeling of Commercial
Quality(TM). Unfortunately the city view in Civ2 was just eye candy, as
opposed to the station view in Railroad Tycoon II Second Century (Demo by
Loki), which is more integrated in the game. You buy station improvements at
the station view and you open the station view to see which station
improvements you have, as opposed to looking at a list, like in Civ.