Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: build on Irix fails

To: Freeciv developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: build on Irix fails
From: Greg Wooledge <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 07:40:27 -0500

Marcus Lindner (marcx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> I also tried -L/usr/freeware/lib32/ -lz
> but the same error occurs :|

If this is literally true (same error message and no others), and given
that the client links and runs fine, I'm inclined to think that there is
something wrong with your zlib installation.  Try recompiling it, maybe
forcing static libraries if necessary, and installing it in a new location
(like your home directory) -- then point Freeciv to that new installation.

If that doesn't work, you might have to find an Irix guru.

--
*** Please note new address. -->  |  Greg Wooledge
"Truth belongs to everybody."     |  http://wooledge.org/~greg/
  Red Hot Chili Peppers           |  old page: http://www.kellnet.com/wooledge/