Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Layer view patch

To: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Cc: Daniel M Church <dchurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Layer view patch
From: Tuomas Airaksinen <tuma@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 19:31:02 +0200

On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 10:34:06PM +0100, Thue wrote:
> On Monday 05 February 2001 22:21, Thue wrote:
> > On Sunday 04 February 2001 08:35, Daniel M Church wrote:
> > > Sorry about being so lax updating this patch.
> > >
> > > ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/incoming/layerview-2.diff.gz has the
> > > layer view patch off the latest (January 30) CVS of Freeciv.  I gave up
> > > trying to figure out the isometric view, so at least for now it works
> > > only for non-isometric view; #ifndefs remove the menu options for
> > > isometric view.
> >
> > Here is a somewhat changed patch.
> > -isometric view implemented.
> > -fix a few bugs in your patch
> > -instead of making a drawing of the background/coasts lines in tiles.xpm it
> > is drawn directly as a rectangle/line in the code.
> > -clean up some interface between pixmap_draw_tile/fill_tile_sprite_array();
> > it used to inserts NULL sprites into the return array to indicate various
> > things. Now this is signaled more cleanly using a variable.
> > -Various small cleanups in the existing code.
> >
> > -Thue
>
> I forgot to remove the #ifndef ISOMETRIC's (ISOMETRIC is not used anymore, so
> they had no effect...)

Works fine, and is very nice feature. BTW, don't you have noticed how
overriding
farmland tile is in HiRes? With this layer view patch it is easily
demonstrated.
I think it should be modified (some a bit more graphically talented guy like
Tim Smith?).

--
Terveisin   Tuomas Airaksinen        linux
Kotisivu:   http://tuma.cjb.net/      is all