Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: A patch to Civworld

To: Mike Kaufman <mkaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: A patch to Civworld
From: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 00:30:31 +0100

On Sunday 04 February 2001 23:59, Mike Kaufman wrote:
> Here is a patch which, I think, makes the map editor more usable.
>
> what it does:
>
> o allows you to load a savefile from the command line
> o adds a feature to generate random maps. uses server/mapgen.c
> o adds a dialog box to change settings such as landpercent,
>     aifill, xsize, spacerace, etc.
> o adds a dialog that allows you to: 1. change all or a percentage of one
>     terrain type to another, and 2. add or remove all or a percentage of
>     specials from a terrain type.
> o lets you add or remove start positions.
> o a couple of odds and ends.
>

> I'm not really entirely comfy with gtk, so there are probably some issues.
>
> commentary and/or criticism are welcome.
>

> how I applied the patch:
>
> apply the civworld.diff patch first
> in /freeciv : patch -p1 < civworld.diff
> #next apply civworld patch patch
> cd civworld
> patch -p1 < civworld_patch0204001
> cd ..
> autoconf && automake && ./configure && make
>
> hopefully it works for you...
>
> --mike

It looks very nice! I didn't test it extensively, or fine-read all the code,
but it seems to be of high quality (and work).

If you post an updated complete civworld patch and an updated README the
webmasters have my blessing to replace the old one as the official download
from the website.

If you want to be "official civworld maintain" you are very wellcome. (I
guess the official maintainer is me right now, though I have said I wouldn't
bother too much.)

-Thue