Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Isometric view as a run-time option

To: thue@xxxxxxx (Thue)
Cc: sigra@xxxxxxx (Erik Sigra), freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Isometric view as a run-time option
From: "Miguel Farah F." <miguel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 11:28:43 -0300 (CLST)

Thue dijo/said:

>On Sunday 04 February 2001 08:55, Erik Sigra wrote:
>> söndagen den  4 februari 2001 02:25 skrev Thue:
>> > Title says it all.
>> > Just one thing - How do I figure out if the client I am in support
>> > isometric view? A function call into the port-specific part?
>>
>> This works for me. The better implementation would be to toggle isometric
>> in the view menu, just like grid and the other stuff. And select the
>> tilesets for isometric/overhead in a dialog. But that can wait.
>
>That will take some work...
>
>> The scrollbars work sort of funny.
>
>But they work! :)
>Maybe they should just be removed; I know I don't use them.

Game -> Local Options

I DO use them.

BTW: a few strategy games (Warcraft II, Starcraft, etc) have a feature
that lets you "record" a map position and tie it to a specific key, so
you can go to it with a keystroke later. I don't need to explain how
useful is this in certain game situations.

I think that would be a GREAT addition to the client interface.

--
MIGUEL FARAH              //   miguel@xxxxx
#include <disclaimer.h>   //   http://www.nn.cl/~miguel