Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] A patch to Civworld

To: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] A patch to Civworld
From: Mike Kaufman <mkaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 16:59:19 -0600 (CST)

Here is a patch which, I think, makes the map editor more usable.

what it does:

o allows you to load a savefile from the command line
o adds a feature to generate random maps. uses server/mapgen.c
o adds a dialog box to change settings such as landpercent,
    aifill, xsize, spacerace, etc.
o adds a dialog that allows you to: 1. change all or a percentage of one
    terrain type to another, and 2. add or remove all or a percentage of
    specials from a terrain type.
o lets you add or remove start positions.
o a couple of odds and ends.

I'm not really entirely comfy with gtk, so there are probably some issues.

commentary and/or criticism are welcome.

how I applied the patch:

apply the civworld.diff patch first
in /freeciv : patch -p1 < civworld.diff
#next apply civworld patch patch
cd civworld
patch -p1 < civworld_patch0204001
cd ..
autoconf && automake && ./configure && make

hopefully it works for you...

--mike