[Freeciv-Dev] PATCH: new messages again

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] PATCH: new messages again
From: Tuomas Airaksinen <tuma@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 23:16:29 +0200

Argt, famine feared again because you don't apply _ready_
patches!!!

I think there were consensus that my warning patch were ready
(no need for capability string ASO), so why can't you finally
apply it!

Those warnings are VITAL in every game, I think! Without them there
happen many needle mistakes.

So... I remind to apply it.

Attached patch is only updated to current cvs.

I think that current our current cvs policy is a bit too strict.
We make simple things tough - so small patches as this have to
wait many weeks/months before they get applied - if they get at all!
If someone makes changes that makes game better in any way,
then those changes should be applied _as_soon_as_possible_ because
if not done that way, they will soon get old (CVS changes and
patches don't apply well long after their creation).

And we shouldn't be so afraid about bugs that might lie in patches
- if there are bugs they will very propably be found and fixed in
very near future because many people test CVS version (no-one seems
to be much interested in playtesting patches!!).

--
Terveisin   Tuomas Airaksinen        linux
Kotisivu:   http://tuma.cjb.net/      is all