[Freeciv-Dev] Re: log.h problem

To: Dirk Stoecker <stoecker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: log.h problem
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 15:01:00 -0500

At 2001/01/18 07:05 , Dirk Stoecker wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I recently checked my not-finished stuff and found that following
>
>http://arch.freeciv.org/freeciv-dev-200009/msg00288.html
>
>was never commented or applied.
>
>Thue: as you were against the first 2 solutions, could you (re)read this
>message and comment or apply it?

Actually, I believe it was I that objected.

I sent you the following on 15 October:

>>BTW. Did you think about my third and last try to fix the log.h
>>problem?
>
>Yes.  Though there's no problem with your patch, while testing it I
>discovered that the existing code simply doesn't work.  I'm now looking
>at fixing this bug.

And, on 27 October, I posted the bug:
  <http://www.freeciv.org/cgi-bin/bugs/open?id=585>
.

I have thought of one way to fix it, but it's REALLY UGLY.

In any case, there is no reason I can think of to define a static freelog()
in each module.

jjm