[Freeciv-Dev] Re: log.h problem

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: log.h problem
From: David Pfitzner <dwpfitzner@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 19:07:29 -0800 (PST)

Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> And, on 27 October, I posted the bug:
>   <http://www.freeciv.org/cgi-bin/bugs/open?id=585>

[In part:]
: The feature of freelog(LOG_DEBUG, ...) where you can specify a source
: file and range of lines doesn't work for compilers other than gcc.

The details of that bug are pretty funny... oops! :-)

The LOG_DEBUG stuff is essentially for development work, and I assume
most developers use gcc, so I'd just leave out that feature for
non-gcc compilers (and adjust the docs accordingly).

-- David