[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Updated patch: Original city id.

To: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Updated patch: Original city id.
From: Marko Lindqvist <caz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 03:27:18 +0200 (EET)

 Yeah, I promised to spam less, but...

On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, Thue wrote:

> Why not just let the city keep the same id when it changes owner? That is
> what we really want, no?

 When I looked at it, I found out that id change is quite fundamental part
of server code. Related functions are not too self contained.
I ended up checking too many funtions, I were not familiar with, for
possible side effects (also known as bugs :)
 But yes, goal is to keep same id even inside server.

> I liked that idea better than introducing orig_id, so I wrote the patch.

 Looks definitely better than my attempt to keep same id. However, I don't
think you should commit it just yet. I'll comment more after I have
confirmed some details ('smells' like a bug, but...)

btw. It might be a good idea to remove those clientside error messages
from CVS first and to commit server side changes later.

 Caz