Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] beta version of build graphics patch

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] beta version of build graphics patch
From: John Heidemann <johnh@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 21:35:37 -0800

I've placed a "beta" version of the build graphics patch at
<http://www.isi.edu/~johnh/PUBLIC/build_graphics.diff>
and
<http://www.isi.edu/~johnh/PUBLIC/build.tar.gz>
(although the same names as I posted before, the contents are different).

To build it, apply the patch to the current (29-Dec-00) CVS code and
extract build.tar.gz in the root of your freeciv tree.

This version includes tilespec support, a few more graphics, and
support for randomly chosing between several graphics for each wonder.

AFAIK, the only things missing in the code are Xaw client support.
More graphics are needed, of course.
The B_FIRST_WONDER/B_LAST_WONDER is a hack that's better handled with
improvement attributes.

I've started the arduous (but necessary) task of getting copyright
permissions on the images I found on the web, so I expect to improve
build.tar.gz as things progress.  Currently it only includes free
graphics.

Feedback about the patch is welcome, and I'd like to know from
old-timers here, what's the process for actually getting a patch into
CVS?

   -John Heidemann