Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Lighthouse doesn't give triremes 4 moves (PR#156)

To: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Lighthouse doesn't give triremes 4 moves (PR#156)
From: Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 00:38:57 +0100

Thue wrote:

> I cannot reproduce this.
>
> -Thue
> -----------------------------
>
> lduperval@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > On 18 Oct, To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > > Full_Name: Laurent Duperval
> > > Version: 1.8.3
> > > Client: Gtk+
> > > OS: Linux 2.2.5
> > > Submission from: (NULL) (149.99.138.79)
> > > And let me modify that statement to say that it only occurs in the
> > > first set of moves. After the turn ends, they get their full 4 move
> > > points.
> >
> > That's how Civ1 works (I believe), but CivII will apply the extra one move
> > to all sea units on the turn Lighthouse (or the other one) is built, even
> > if thier (old) move has already been exhausted.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Steve Hodge

BTW: if you update a unit, e.g. from Trireme to Galleon, it gets its
additional moves not before the following round. What about hitpoints
and so on? Are these updated at once? If not, it is at least confusing.

Christian

--
* Christian Knoke                           +49 4852 92248 *
* D-25541 Brunsbuettel                  Wurtleutetweute 49 *