Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: out of disk space? (PR#615)

To: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Cc: Paul Dean <Paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: out of disk space? (PR#615)
From: Paul Dean <Paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 14 Dec 2000 19:17:37 +0000

Thue <thue@xxxxxxx> writes:

> Under linux, try and see if the program memproff can find the leak.
> memproff is fairly intuitive point-and-click.

Unfortunately, memprof won't work - apparently this is because
something in Mandrake 7.1 is compiled with a strange flag.  *shrug*.

Anyway, for future reference[1], the problem has gone away, as soon as
I switched from using gnome+sawfish to using only enlightenment.  It
seemed to eat up memory when opening up a city dialog, but that might
have just been my imagination.

[1] I'm afraid I don't have the time.  I'm even going to have to stop
playing for a few months! *gulp*

--
Paul
http://www.redeemed.org.uk/