Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] out of disk space? (PR#615)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] out of disk space? (PR#615)
From: paulschultz@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2000 23:18:22 -0800 (PST)

Full_Name: paul schultz
Version: 1.11.4
Client: Gtk+
OS: win98
Submission from: (NULL) (142.66.14.170)

alright, here goes. i loaded a saved game around 1300 ad, myself and 3 ai
opponents. a long while into the game windows informed me i was low on disk
space, and i (knowing that recently i had 1.5 Gb) thought that was strange, but
deleted some junk anyway and continued playing. the next error, a couple hours
later was from civ itself (it said visual c++) telling me that there was an
unexpected error. checking the hard drive showed (from a dos prompt, which i
suppose doesn't know how much windows is using for virtual memory, so gives a
lower number than the truth) 0.55 Mb total free space. clicking ok on the error
dialogue returned 1.6 Gb to the system. if civ runs for a long time does it just
chew up more and more disk space, or is there a memory leak? let me know if i
can give more info than that, but that's about the size of it.

-paul