Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Keyboard Control: help (b)uild wonder (PR#599)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Keyboard Control: help (b)uild wonder (PR#599)
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 09:42:45 -0500

At 2000/12/05 22:56 , Mike Jing wrote:
>I sent in this bug report a while ago, but got no response.  Either nobody
>else saw the same problem or no one cares.  Anyway, I tried to track it down
>but couldn't quite find my way to the problem.  As far as I can see,
>"key_unit_build_wonder" is defined in client/control.c and referenced in
>client/gui-xaw/action.c.  The actual key binding is defined in data/Freeciv.
>  Is this correct?

This is correct for the Xaw client.  For the Gtk+ client, the relevant code
is in client/gui-gtk/menu.c.

>Could someone who knows how this is done look at the
>problem a little bit?

The basic problem is that the Diplomat/Spy Actions menu item has usurped
the "shift-b" shortcut.

I don't know why shift-b was chosen; (unshifted) d is available.  So, the
attached patch changes the shortcut for Diplomat/Spy Actions in both
clients to "d".  This leaves "shift-b" available in Gtk+ for build wonder
(as it was before the Diplomat/Spy Actions patch).

>Full_Name: Mike Jing
>Version: 1.11.5-devel
>Client: Gtk+
>OS: Red Hat Linux 7.0
>Submission from: (NULL) (128.59.58.49)
>

>The keyboard shortcut for using caravans to help build wonder no longer
>works. I believe it used to be SHIFT+B, but now that key has been assigned
>to Diplomat/Spy Actions.  In the help file, the control is listed as "b:
>help (b)uild wonder (caravan units)", but pressing "b" has no effect on
>caravans. The only way to do it is through the menu, which is kind of
>tedious and error prone.  Could someone please put the shortcut back in?

>Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com

jjm