Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] maps

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] maps
From: rodolfo.borges@xxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 02:42:56 -0200

can we play custom maps on a multiplayer game?

i would be nice to have an option to specify a map file from the client
console, the same way we set other game options.
maybe /set map <filename>

and maybe a command to list the map dir on the server...

other suggestions:
the user could specify a local map, sending the map data to the server.

when specifying a map (i.e. not a random map), the client window would
show the entire map on.
this would be great, cause everyone will know the map, and the other
players can choose/show another maps, etc.

--
Rodolfo.Borges@xxxxxxxx