Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: More on (un)happiness

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv developers)
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: More on (un)happiness
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 12:46:54 +0100

On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 12:17:49PM +0100, Mathias Broxvall wrote:
> Den sön, 03 dec 2000 skrev Jesdyn Flamestrike:
>
> > Any ideas on how to accelerate play (a
> > la Stars! "Accelerated (BBS) Play") without comprimising basic play?]
>
> The infrastructure system of Civ CTP certainly comes to mind. Ie, invest
> production in "public works" that can be used buy terrain improvements instead
> of having to micro manage lots of settlers. This would favour citygrowth (no
> per settler food cost) and lessen the realworld time needed to build
> improvements.

This could be implemented as a later stage improvement (eg. 'public works'
could allow a palace/wonder-like building that enables the feature).  In the
beginning, micromanagement is nice; in a later stage, it takes too much time.

> Also it would be nice with better automatic micromanagment of cities. Ie, let
> the player activate routines for cities such as automatically making
> entertainers from workers in unhappy cities, automatically placing surperflous
> entertainers back into the fields, choose to favour food or industrial
> production for the routines and possibly even to automatically build caravans
> with a "goto" to build a traderoute. Again, choose strategy: Trade with local
> cities or distant empires?
>
> Have these ideas been mentioned earlier?

As far as I'm concerned, this falls under 'client side AI' which has
been discussed many times before ...

--
Reinier