Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Diplomacy

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Diplomacy
From: Michal Przybylski <mp171716@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 14:26:25 +0100 (CET)

                Hello.

My name is Michal. I decided to contribute freeciv because it is my
favourite game. I want to start with diplomacy. Now, in my version ai and
disconnected players accept every treaty. Rest of my letter is divided
in two parts. First part contains ideas and questions about diplomacy
itself. The second part contains questions about code.

First part.

I think that AI should accept exchenging techs (one for one), at the
begining no mater which ones. Later I will try to do that smarter.
AI will accept exchanging techs for a price appropriate to the sytuation.

To buy or to sell a city is a difficult problem, because the place where
the city is located is crucial to make a good decision ( e.g. buying a
city in a middle of enemy's territory is a loose of money ). I'm not going
to implemet it.
Pacts between AI and a human will always be eraised, because AI don't
understand them.

Second part

How to distinguish between an ai player and a human who has disconnected?

Let's imagine such a sytuation:
- client has disconnected
- I send him a message using function send_* or notify_*
would anythig wrong happen?
Should I prevent sytuations like that?

                Michal