Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] hangs on metaserver update (PR#604)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] hangs on metaserver update (PR#604)
From: jtnelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 10:37:58 -0800 (PST)

Full_Name: Jeff Nelson
Version: 1.11.4-1
Client: Both (or N/A)
OS: Linux-Mandrake 7.1
Submission from: (NULL) (194.170.1.130)

Note:  I'm behind a proxy server run by my ISP in the United Arab Emirates.

1.  I start civclient.
2.  In the connection window, I click on Metaserver, and then Update.
3.  The civclient seems to hang; i.e., freezes up, accepts no input, and
    doesn't refresh windows.
4.  It remains in this state indefinitely & I finally have to kill it.

Note:  It did actually work one day, allowing me to join & play a game,
but it doesn't normally.

Also note:  I can connect to civserver on localhost without any problems.