Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Mangled river generator

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Mangled river generator
From: Erik Sigra <freeciv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 23:47:40 +0200

Thue wrote:
> On Mon, 09 Oct 2000 01:23:00 Erik Sigra wrote:
> > Thue wrote:
[...]
> [...]
[...]
> > > Possible improvements:
> > > -Maybe all the non-fatal functions should be evaluated on a tile, and
> > > let the attractiveness of the tile be a weighted sum.
> >
> > And this would be an improvement how?
>
> Well, right now a river can flow as much uphill as it wants as long as it is
> into a swamp. With weighted average we could take both into account at the
> same
> time.

Since there is no way for a user to see the height of a tile anyway, I
didn't think that it would matter. (IIRC the height_map is freed before
a user can even see the map.)

(However, when we implement a real climate mode, the rivers should
always flow down, but that is far future anyway.)