Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: client goto & patrol v2

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: client goto & patrol v2
From: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 21:29:12 +0200

ok, I though of a problem. Currently, a goto route (which is a list of (x,y)) is
chopped up and then send in peices to the server. However this has the problem
with multiple connections that if the sending of 2 paths are intermingled it
will see them as comming from the same player, and things will go horribly
wrong.
So, I want to make a route one packet, variable lenght. (a lenght field
followed by the list of (x,y)). However, this mean that some routes will
generate
packets that cannot be transmitted because of limitations in the network layer.
Should I just ignore that problem and consider the network ideal? Is it ideal
in this
respect? Any ideas as to how to get around the problem?

-Thue