Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Unit models (More complex unit and battle system)

To: "Freeciv-Dev" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <bj0v@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Unit models (More complex unit and battle system)
From: "Wong TM (Huang Deming)" <lookmeow@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2000 23:53:54 +0800

Very realistic(look at freeciv version, sorry, tanks today and before). It will
add some depth to the military side of Freeciv. Like player FOO who like to
attack with howitzers and tanks combo and another player BAR who like to attack
using bomber and paratoopers. As FOO's howitzer and tanks keep getting better as
they get mass produced(better equipment and skill). Same case for BAR. Maybe
this
will made players stick to just a few units. But it will give more
character(America/Israeli air force) and make players thinks what units combo
that he/she will work in future or long run.

> May be when I had time I can dedicate some time to implement this ideas and
> those exposed in this discussion series. But I had some promised work that
> (due
> to lack of time) I couldnt implement yet. One is killstack as a ruleset (I saw
> that anybody liked my patch that implements killstack as server option :-( )
> and the other is to add the possibility of having arbitrary number and kind of
> materials.

I vote Unit models.