[Freeciv-Dev] Re: indefinite improvements

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: indefinite improvements
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 09:36:59 -0400

At 2000/08/21 11:01 , Jeff Mallatt wrote:
>At 2000/08/21 09:07 , David Pfitzner wrote:
>>Hmm, shouldn't we also translate to/from 284 in the packet code,
>>for client/server combinations which disagree about the value
>>of WORKLIST_END?
>
>Done.

Actually, there were even more problems with worklists.  Additionally,
anything that uses the "id + B_LAST" kind of encoding is inherently
fragile.  So, rather than setting up some poor future coder to go through
what I just did, I changed the internal worklist representation so it keeps
IDs and flags (unit/impr/end) in separate fields.  This is extended to the
protocol and the save-file format.

Attached is a new "indefinite improvements" patch, which includes these
worklist changes.

jjm