[Freeciv-Dev] Re: shared vision again

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: shared vision again
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 13:09:36 +1000 (EST)

Thue <thue@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Aug 2000 14:39:26 David Pfitzner wrote:
> > On Wed, 23 Aug 2000 Thue <thue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > The effect is transitive; if p1 gives info to p2 and p2 to p3, p1 in
> effect
> > > also gives to p3.
> >
> > I'm a bit uncomfortable about having it transitive, but OTOH I can't
> > think of a good way to do it otherwise without getting too complicated.
>
> Why would it be bad?

I mean that I can imagine cases where players might not want it to be
transitive.  Eg, A shares with B, and B with C, but A and C might be
enemies.  In this case B might prefer not to give away A's secrets.
Certainly A would prefer that (!), but A has probably lost control of
the information once it is given to B, so it depends on what B wants.

(Hmm, can "cheating" clients find out about embassies and shared vision
etc between other players which normal client don't display?)

-- David