[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Proposals

To: "Gerhard Killesreiter" <killesreiter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Freeciv-Dev" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Proposals
From: "Wong TM (Huang Deming)" <lookmeow@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 19:53:57 +0800

--snip--
> > Try Civlog, it's a Java's Freeciv score log file reader
> and presents
> > it using a power graph. You can find the full source code
> and binary
> > package in
> >
> <ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/incoming/CivLog-0.02ME.zip>. Email me
> > if it's not there any more, I will upload a faster and
> newer version
> > of it.
>
> Please do so, it appears to be gone.

Sorry it's move to:-
ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/contrib/utils/CivLog/CivLog-0.02ME.zip ,
it's a java program, please do read the 'Readme' file.
I'am currently busy, thus couldn't improve and upload the code at the
moment. Sorry, if u think the program is slow. Please provide feedbacks
so that I know how to improve the program.

Wong> >         did u try hard? (type 'hard' in the server console)

Gerhard Killesreiter> sure.

well the ai do work hard before the tech go beyond 'flight'(i convince
that the ai was very good), after that stage the ai kind of remain in
stasis(because of various ai not done yet as explain in the doc).

> >     I suppose what u mean is to give visible warning to player if
> > someone is pillaging your land?
>
> That would not be bad either. I was thinking of the following:
> Pillaging does take time, so the railroad should not be there in one
> round and be gone in the next, but should rather disappear in several
> steps.

I can't think of any comment.

> >> - the AI can stack units, human players might to want to do this
> >> too.
> > ???????????? <snip>
>
> I meant that, if you observe an AI player you see messages like:
>
> <some unit> does not want to leave its bodyguard.
>
> So there appears to be a functiopn which enables the AI to assign a
> bodyguard to a unit. I would like to do that as well.

I never try running an all ai game, how did u do it?

> > ------- comsumer should have the right to choose linux in their box
> > instead of windoze from vendors!
>
> So did I ;)
>
> Cheers,