[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Proposals

To: "Wong TM (Huang Deming)" <lookmeow@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Freeciv-Dev" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Proposals
From: Gerhard Killesreiter <killesreiter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 17 Aug 2000 21:49:54 +0200

* "Huang" == Huang Deming schrieb am Wed, 16 Aug 2000 07:39:20 +0800:

>       I interested in this too. I browse through the src code and
> couldn't find the part that init it.

So did I. Well, C text is quite cryptic to me anyway.

> now justified it as a tech? Maybe I can code it in the ruleset if
> someone could give me some hints or past 'example patch'.

I think that the rulesets are quite straightforward.

> Try Civlog, it's a Java's Freeciv score log file reader and presents
> it using a power graph. You can find the full source code and binary
> package in
> <ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/incoming/CivLog-0.02ME.zip>. Email me
> if it's not there any more, I will upload a faster and newer version
> of it.

Please do so, it appears to be gone.

>       did u try hard? (type 'hard' in the server console)

sure.

>       I suppose what u mean is to give visible warning to player if
> someone is pillaging your land?

That would not be bad either. I was thinking of the following:
Pillaging does take time, so the railroad should not be there in one
round and be gone in the next, but should rather disappear in several
steps.

>       vote++; maybe someone with experience could code in little
> time

Experience is the problem :-(

>> - the AI can stack units, human players might to want to do this
>> too.

I meant that, if you observe an AI player you see messages like:

<some unit> does not want to leave its bodyguard.

So there appears to be a functiopn which enables the AI to assign a
bodyguard to a unit. I would like to do that as well.

> ------- comsumer should have the right to choose linux in their box
> instead of windoze from vendors!

So did I ;)

Cheers,