[Freeciv-Dev] Re: New nation: Croatians

To: Thue <thue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: New nation: Croatians
From: gs234@xxxxxxxxx (Gaute (B) Strokkenes)
Date: 18 Aug 2000 00:03:26 +0200

Thue <thue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Thu, Aug 17, 2000 at 11:14:24PM +0200, Gaute (B) Strokkenes wrote:
> >   There are a number of possible fixes to this problem, including: 1)
> >   Standardising on some common coding system, such as UTF-8, 2) Not
> >   transmitting text over the wire (i.e. using message ids and
> >   whathaveyougot) or 3) enabling the server to use different locales
> >   for different connections.
[snip]
> Actually I like 2 best because otherwise you risk parsing text strings
> in the client to extract info.

Hm.  What sort of information?  Seriously, if you find yourself trying
to do natural language parsing it would be easier to change the server
to supply the information you want--and 2 would require you to do this
anyway.  Or am I missing something?

--
Big Gaute (not to be confused with LG)
PEGGY FLEMING is stealing BASKET BALLS to feed the babies in VERMONT.