[Freeciv-Dev] Re: clistat

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: clistat
From: Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 03:23:38 +0100 (WET DST)

On Mon, 14 Aug 2000, David Pfitzner wrote:

> Lauri Tarkkala <ltarkkal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Attached is a simple patch against the freeciv in CVS (2000-08-13).
> >
> > It adds one command "clistat", which looks like:
> >
> > > /clistat
> > Nr: FD: User:
> > 00   4  ltarkkal <ltarkkal@localhost> Idle: 5 s  Lost: 0 B Sent: 622 B Buf:
> > 0 B
>
> I wonder if it would be better to just add this information to the
> existing 'list connections' (eg, add an extra line for each conn),
> or add 'list clistats', rather than adding an new server command.

On second thought...  The send_buffer should be dynamic (i think David was
planning this recently).  Whenever it goes full, it should grow in
MAX_LEN_PACKET steps.  It could start with the current size of
10*MAX_LEN_PACKET.  This should make "lost" packets a rarer event (unless
the send_buffer gets REALLY big (like 1Mb), or realloc fails - in that
case we probably should cut that player connection.

Lauri mentioned that the server network traffic was quite large (8.5MB in
2 hours if i remember correctly).  Maybe that should also be looked into,
if the traffic was smaller, the send_buffer wouldn't get full so quickly.

---