[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [patch] Startup readline segfault (PR#491)

To: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [patch] Startup readline segfault (PR#491)
From: Jacob Luna Lundberg <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 03:35:11 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 10 Aug 2000, David Pfitzner wrote:

> Ok, I think I solved my problems with this - revised patch attached.

I agree.  This looks clean.

> - The "wrong" result on my system was confusion on my part: I had
>   changed the sense of the test ("works" vs "bad") but forgot to
>   change the sense of the result message!

My original patch was a bit misleading, I later realised, because the test
was ``test if it's broken'' so a ``yes'' would have meant something was
wrong.  ``Yes means no and no means yes.  Detonate warhead?''

> I haven't actually tested this on a faulty system, but hopefully
> it works!

I've tested it on both a faulty system and one that wasn't.  It worked
correctly on both.

Thanks,
-Jacob

--

rcp $FAV_RESTAURANT:$FAV_FOOD /dev/stomach
gurgle gurgle...

 -- The Canonical List of Reasons Why You Can't Find Your System Administrator
 -- http://www.cybernothing.org/cno/sysadmin.html