[Freeciv-Dev] Re: tolerance, political-correctness, and fascism

To: SamBC <sambc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: tolerance, political-correctness, and fascism
From: Reed Meyer <rdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 01:10:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 8 Aug 2000, SamBC wrote:
> Well, it is certainly not an optimal state of affairs to have
> scenario-nations in the main nation-base of freeciv. It would be better to
> keep you files (and keep them up-to-date if any ruleset systems change, but
> I doubt that will happen for nations), and then liase with other people to
> create the scenario. After all, you don't really want it in except to have
> as part of a scenario, right?

Right, basically it was just intended for scenarios.
I assume that a CSA "nation", if submitted, would also be intended only
for scenarios.

I hope that the "fantasy" nations (Dunedain, etc.) also ultimately only
show up in scenarios (or modpacks) -- they really don't belong (obviously)
in the same category as real-life nations, either past or present.

I submitted the Nazi "nation" (along with the other ones) to be included
into the general distribution so I wouldn't have to maintain the darn
things every time there was a major code update.  Is it REALLY true that
the code is becoming stable now with regard to nation rulesets?  (For
example, actually, I hope it's accepted the proposal made by others that
the flag/shield of each nation be stripped from flags/shields/etc.xpm and
put directly into the nation.ruleset of said nation.)

BTW, what's "liase"?

---Reed Meyer