[Freeciv-Dev] Re: wonder balance (was: Blitzkrieg patch)

To: Freeciv developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: wonder balance (was: Blitzkrieg patch)
From: Tomasz Wegrzanowski <maniek@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 17:06:57 +0200

On Thu, Aug 03, 2000 at 07:42:43AM -0400, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> Tomasz Wegrzanowski (maniek@xxxxxxxx) wrote:
> Hmm.  Well, I'm not much of an early-game wonder builder myself (I
> usually skip over all the wonders from the ancient era).  Under
> what conditions do players who build the Pyramids usually do so?

At least 5 cities, with Caravans invented during build
(not neccesarily at start), in city with 2 whales nearby
or otherwise with big production (5-6 at least).
Government Monarchy or Republic, or switched during bulid.

At the end city usually has 4-5 population,
so Settlers would cost too much food (25-30 instead of 10-15),
so it is usually used to build more wonders or military units
as it has prod of 6-8 then.