[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Railroads and AI

To: Tobias Brox <tobiasb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv dev list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Railroads and AI
From: Jerzy Klek <qpkjeek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 11:04:57 +0200 (MET DST)

Hello all!

It might be also implemented in the following way:

A new terrain improvement is introduced, similar to an airport:
a ferryboat port. This could only be built on the coast.
A new command 'ferry' would then be similar to an airlift,
which makes a unit transferred from one port to another.
This should be easy to implement. It should be decided which
technology should allow building such an improvement, and
what should be the maximum alllowed distance between the ports,
because it is obvious there must be such a limit...

/Jerzy