[Freeciv-Dev] Re: SV: Re: historical background on wonders

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: SV: Re: historical background on wonders
From: "SamBC" <sambc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 13:39:04 +0100

As far as I'm concerned, the FDL is too open to be proprietary and too
closed to be free... I have been trying to draft a documentation license
that suits the purposes of a project I am working on, which has some
similarities to the FDL, but you'd all probably hate it as it is in some
ways more closed.

However, FDL is still in the spirit of GNU/FSF and OpenSource, as it is
still copyleft &so on &so forth. I dislike it for making half-hearted
attempts to protect the authors rights (as they would be seen in a
commercial environment) and my license attempts to protect these rights
while still being completely open. It is a bit like a documentation version
of QPL, but a tad more free than that! More like the artistic license I
think...

Anyway, that was OT and I apologise, I just felt like saying it...

SamBC