[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Units not shown when investigating city. (PR#422)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Units not shown when investigating city. (PR#422)
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 13:21:09 -0400

At 2000/06/27 11:35 , Thue wrote:
>Den tir, 27 jun 2000 skrev Jeff Mallatt:

>> It does seem to be related to fog -- if the city is fogged at the beginning
>> of the turn, units present in the city do not show up as present (or
>> supported, if they are supported from the city).
>>
>> However, there is also a problem with units that are fogged at the moment
>> the city is investigated -- even if the city is not fogged at the start of
>> the turn, if a unit that is supported by the city is fogged when the city
>> is investigated, that unit does not show up as supported.
>
>What happens is that when the diplomat dies you lose visibility of the
>square of the city, and the client automatically removes all units on the
>square.

Okay, here's a patch which I believe fixes this problem without any
side-effects or init-time problems.  I've implemented changes in all three
clients (but, of course, only been able to test Xaw and GTK+).  I've also
tested with 1.11.0 clients/servers connected to the new servers/clients --
they, of course, don't display the correct lists, but they don't crash.

jjm