[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] FreeCiv and Call to Power?

To: Freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] FreeCiv and Call to Power?
From: Daniel Zinsli <s830+priv@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 02 Jul 2000 17:44:04 +0200

Antti Salonen <as@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> At least for me, this model is a lot better than the one used in FreeCiv,
> where only too often the speed of your reactions and net connection seem
> to be a deciding factor in a battle.

This was one of the first things I discussed on the list, and surely, it
would be nice to have this as an option. However it would mean lots of
coding, so as usual: if someone wants it, code it :)

> Another nice feature is the "Public Works" pool, to which you can direct a
> percentage of your production every turn. You use the Public Works pool to
> build tile improvements like roads, farms and mines, without having to
> build settlers for the purpose.

Oh, I really, really, really _hated_ that :)

Again: If someone would code it as an option, that would be cool.

There are lots of interesting features we could implement, but I only
hope we can make most of them optional and modifiable.
--
Daniel Zinsli
University of Bergen, Norway