[Freeciv-Dev] Two patches

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Two patches
From: Kero van Gelder <kero@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 22:28:34 +0200

Hi!

First patchs improves the shuffle_players() to perfect randomness (it
was close, but n! is not a perfect divisor of n^n), save the
randomness of my_rand().

Second patch moves a couple of unit strings derived in gui-gtk to
common/unit.c (I'd like to change the information printed much more,
but I'll wait with that until this patch is applied; also, I don't
thin the function unit_description() is very helpful).

In particular, the 'V' for veteran is added by
unit_statistics_text(). Now I believe you're not supposed to see
whether an _enemy_ unit is veteran or not, so I turned the field to
false when the server passes unit info to a client that's not the
owner of the unit.

Bye,
Kero.

|  Don't split your mentality without thinking twice       |
|                          Proud like a God -- Guano Apes  |
+--- M38c ------------------ http://huizen.dds.nl/~kero ---+