[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Units not shown when investigating city. (PR#422)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Units not shown when investigating city. (PR#422)
From: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 17:35:44 +0200

Den tir, 27 jun 2000 skrev Jeff Mallatt:
> At 2000/06/27 10:50 , Marko Lindqvist wrote:

> It does seem to be related to fog -- if the city is fogged at the beginning
> of the turn, units present in the city do not show up as present (or
> supported, if they are supported from the city).
>
> However, there is also a problem with units that are fogged at the moment
> the city is investigated -- even if the city is not fogged at the start of
> the turn, if a unit that is supported by the city is fogged when the city
> is investigated, that unit does not show up as supported.

What happens is that when the diplomat dies you lose visibility of the
square of the city, and the client automatically removes all units on the
square.

I am still trying to find a way to get around it... I think it will require
some changes which is not nice if freeciv is to be released tomorrow.
I will send a first try at a patch shortly

-Thue