[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Units not shown when investigating city. (PR#422)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Units not shown when investigating city. (PR#422)
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 11:21:16 -0400

At 2000/06/27 10:50 , Marko Lindqvist wrote:
>On Tue, 27 Jun 2000, Thue wrote:
>
>> Den tir, 27 jun 2000 skrev Marko Lindqvist:
>> > It seems related to whether city is fogged when turn starts or not.

It does seem to be related to fog -- if the city is fogged at the beginning
of the turn, units present in the city do not show up as present (or
supported, if they are supported from the city).

However, there is also a problem with units that are fogged at the moment
the city is investigated -- even if the city is not fogged at the start of
the turn, if a unit that is supported by the city is fogged when the city
is investigated, that unit does not show up as supported.

>> > SAvegame needed?
>> >

>> Perhaps if you could describe it some more. Which units are we talking
>> about?
>>

> Ones inside that city. I know there is units inside that city, becose
>catapult from that city just killed my phalanx adjacent to it (thus making
>city fogged again). My diplomat was 2 squares away and moved to
>investigate city. No units were shown. When diplomat was adjacent to city,
>occupied flag was correctly shown.
> From same savegame: Enemy catapult failed against my phalanx. When my
>diplomat investigate city, there is 2 phalanx and 1 diplomat inside.
> Apart from that occupied flag (which is always shown) it could be that AI
>moves it's units out of the city (victorious catapult) and in (phalanx and
>diplomat) depending whether it succeeds killing my phalanx.
>

> Caz
>
>--

jjm