[Freeciv-Dev] Re: imlib version 2

To: Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: imlib version 2
From: Todd Goodman <tgoodman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 08:51:47 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 21 Jun 2000, Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa wrote:

[Big SNIP]

> PNG loading support would probably be useful, but that requires libz and
> libpng and several people have already complained because of that too).
>
> We will probably have to end up using our own loader, PNG or TGA IMO.
> (Don't feel shocked, most games on any platform do things this way).

As someone who builds Freeciv on a non-Linux system I'd like to say
that I think the dependencies on outside libraries is already pretty
high and the developers should go ahead and use whatever libs make
their life easier and improve Freeciv.

That said, it would be nice if the libs are pretty portable.

Regards,

Todd