[Freeciv-Dev] Re: imlib version 2

To: Daniel_Burrows@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: roger.tucker@xxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: imlib version 2
From: raster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 17:28:18 -0700 (PDT)

On 20 Jun, Daniel Burrows scribbled:
->  On Tue, Jun 20, 2000 at 04:27:48PM -0600, Roger Tucker
<roger.tucker@xxxxxxxx> was heard to say:
->  > I wonder if anyone has thought about when Freeciv should
->  > be updated to use Imlib2 over Imlib.
->
->    IMO, if we're going to throw imlib out we might as well use gdk-pixbuf.
->  I haven't contributed a line of code for months, though, so you know what
->  my opinion is worth :-)

you could.. then again you could get a considerably faster renderer
with imlib2 - i've done performance tests and it beats gdk-rgb by about
5-10% and gdk-pixbuf form double the speed and up :)

i'm workign on getting hardware acceleration into imlib2 right now
actualy.. it will take a little while.. but i'm personally banking on
hardware accel - so it WILL happen :)

--
--------------- Codito, ergo sum - "I code, therefore I am" --------------------
The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    raster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx     raster@xxxxxxxxxxx