[Freeciv-Dev] Suggestion rel. Fog of War / Display update

To: Freeciv Developpers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Suggestion rel. Fog of War / Display update
From: Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 23:52:22 +0200

[I'm not reading your list, send CC please]

Hi,

I want to make a suggestion.

If you move a unit, lets say a ship, near
an enemy city, you can see the actual state
and size of it. But unfortunatly the client's
display is updated *after* the units move is
displayed, and *after* the focus switched to the
next unit to move.

So, if you're playing quick, you can't get these
changes; you can only recognise them if you
switch back to the unit with the mouse.

May be you know this already. I don't know whether
it is difficult to change this behaviour to that the
city size/state change is displayed *before* the unit move
is displayed - that probably would give you enough time
(approx. 0.3 seconds ;-) to see what's going on.

Enjoy,

Chris