[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Watchtowers

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Watchtowers
From: "Peter Schaefer" <schaefer@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 03:18:56 +0200

>> Another possibility is to have the tower only function if a worker is on
>> the tower's tile.  That would be a bit annoying, though -- especially
>> if the tower is mutually exclusive with a farm, mine or whatever.
>> So perhaps it would be better to have the tower also function if a unit
>> (even a no-upkeep unit like a Diplomat) is on the tile.

Possibly you could use the "is worked on" flag but declare
that sensor tiles cant really be worked on. Makes complicated code
though that is bound to cause bugs.

Maybe make the sensor a unit ? And give it flags like rescuable +
immovable(0MP).
The rescuable flag would also be needed for Alpha Centauri Artifacts.
I bet the flags would be cool for scenarios.
Is the number of flags still under control btw. or nearing a limit ?

I also like "height implies seeing more", but thats a big thought.

thx