[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Terrain flags

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Terrain flags
From: "I.Q." <iquin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 22:38:09 -0400 (EDT)

The last time terrain flag was mentioned, it was not about ocean
and land. IIRC something to do with disasters and Hoover Dam.

It is rather confusing (at least to me) to see different part of
the code using different yet similar data for different purposes.
A more complete solution would be totally get rid of hardcoded T_
and use flags in all instances.

I am still trying to understand how sweetwater flag works with
civ2 style rivers. One thing I "plan" to do is to make mapgen set
S_RIVER on civ1 style rivers and get rid of reference to T_RIVER.

As for is_land() and is_ocean(), it might end up some coders
start using it while some not, creating the same mess as with
get_improvement_type().

Regards,
I.Q.
FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com