[Freeciv-Dev] Re: autosettler cleans pollution more

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: autosettler cleans pollution more
From: Andy Black <ablack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 15:42:37 -0600

At 10:30 AM -0400 6/18/2000, Jeff Mallatt wrote:
[snip]

>Except for pollution caused by being nuked.  However, I don't want the AIs
>to aggressively clean-up nuke pollution: a friend pointed out that making
>the AIs clean up nuke pollution makes nuking them a great way of wasting
>their Settlers/Engineers.  I don't want to make nukes attractive to use, so
>I'm thinking of adding a different kind of pollution, S_FALLOUT, that acts
>just like S_POLLUTION in game terms, but that the AI doesn't aggressively
>clean-up.
Wasn't there something earlier on the list about the difference betwene
regular and neuclear polution?
I belive a thought that had been given was neuclear fallout is harder to
clean up than regular messes and takes much more time.  It also requires
advanced technology.
Proposal:
        Implement above sugestion.
        In adition, make cleanup of neuclear polution take longer (same
amount of time as teraforming?), and require units that can do so to have a
flag F_NUKE_CLEANUP.
        neuclear polution could
                cause damage to ground units present/cleaning it up
                spread (slowly) due to incoming/outgoing objects
                co-exist with regular polution (double trouble--ugh)
Due the the feature freze, implmentation should be delayed until the next
version.

>jjm
Andy Black
mac port manager